Protecting Your Asphalt Is Our Specialty
Benefits of choosing Strong Arm Sealcoating for your asphalt driveway sealing:
- Professional trained staff who care about the appearance of your property. Strong Arm Sealcoating puts an emphasis on a clean and neat application of sealer, we take care that the sealer ends up on your driveway and only the driveway.
- Commercial grade products and they are never diluted!
- A complete maintenance solution. We offer sealcoating, crack filling, minor asphalt repairs and line painting
- Local, dependable, family owned and operated since 2006.
Features & Benefits to Sealing your Asphalt
Strong Arm’s sealcoating acts as a flexible barrier coating, increasing the life span of your investment. There are many benefits to be gained by having your asphalt sealcoated:
- Protect and extend the lifespan of your driveway or parking lot
- Prevents water from penetrating the surface which leads to cracking
- Protects against oxidization from the sun (paving materials become dry, brittle)
- Prevents erosion of asphalt
- Costs pennies a square foot compared to repairs
- Prevents oils and salt from breaking down the asphalt
- Aides water run off
- Limits pooling of water
- Slows down surface cracking
- Enhances the aesthetics and curb side appeal of property
Does Your Driveway Need To Be Sealed?
Signs that your driveway or parking lot needs to be sealed:
- Discoloration of asphalt (fades from black to gray)
- Hairline cracking
- Uneven wear of past sealcoat
- 2-4 years since last seal
- Surface cracking that appears like peeling paint
Unsealed Asphalt Surfaces
The sun’s ultraviolet rays bake the essential strength and flexibility properties out of asphalt, leaving it brittle and full of hairline cracks that make the surface vulnerable to water invasion. Aggregate ravels from the surface and the pavement becomes rough. Water penetration enlarges cracks and freeze/thaw cycles add to the breakdown.
Further surface deterioration occurs from gas and oil leaks that soften and pit the asphalt. These stained areas combine to give an unsightly and uncared-for look to a faded surface.
Black Mac vs other Sealers:
Store bought sealants such as acrylic, cold tar emulsion and water base sealants all only paint the top of your asphalt leaving it still dry beneath the sealant. In addition, during winter thaw the store bought sealants will chip, peel and eventually flake off leading to more dry asphalt and cracking.
Black Mac is the very substance that your asphalt was originally made from. This is a petroleum and oil base product that is applied with a pressured sprayer to your asphalt. Black Mac does not merely paint the top surface but rather penetrates (stains) the surface and will seep further into your asphalt adding to the asphalts lifespan, improved color/esthetics and additional protection.
How often should I have my driveway sealed?
Sealing is typically performed on a yearly or bi-yearly bases. Many people prefer to have their driveway sealed each year to maintain the cosmetic and protective aspects of the sealer. Several reasons such as damage caused by snow removal or excessive wear are also reasons why it is better to have your asphalt sealed each year.
How long does it take to dry?
Black Mac dries very quickly to touch, especially in hot conditions. Often we are able to allow foot traffic after a couple hours of being applied. 24 hours for automotive use (manufacturer specifications) but we recommend 48 when possible for the absolute best cure and appearance. These numbers can vary based on temperature and sunlight exposure. Our sealer is applied full strength without dilution/thinning agents.
We power clean and prep the driveway. This process includes using high power blowers, manual and/or gas powered scrub brushes to loosen those real stubborn areas. In extreme cases Power Washing may be recommended. Also, any oil spot priming and crack repairs are performed at this time prior to sealing.
Next we cut in all the sensitive areas such as concrete surroundings, garage doors, fences and walkways. We usually will apply the first couple feet out from these objects. This ensures we do not get over spray on your home, garage or concrete.
Finally, the driveway is blocked off with caution tape to prevent accidental traffic until the driveway is fully cured. Also, the specialist on site will consult with you and answer any other questions you may have.